Hospital Volunteers pay $20,000 installment toward Wellness Center
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/30/2014 - 5:11pm
The Cuero Community Hospital hosted the annual Appreciation Luncheon for the Hospital Volunteers on April 15.
Volunteer president Cindy Holcolm welcomed approximately fifty volunteer members and gave the annual volunteer report. Sharon Weber recognized volunteer Emily Davis as an honorary life member. Davis has accrued over 8,000 hours with the organization. She has been a member since 1994 and treasurer since 1996. Judy Krupala, chief nursing officer at the hospital and representing hospital administrator, Skip Gjolberg, thanked the volunteers for their dedication to the hospital.
Linda Coppedge passed out pins to volunteers for the individual hours worked this year. Chandra Carbonara reported on the progress of the new Wellness Center to be opened in the fall. Mary Katherine Hancock gave an update on the upcoming Health and Screening Clinic at the hospital. The event closed with the Volunteers donating an Installment check for $20,000 to the hospital. This was an installment on the $100,000 donation the Volunteers granted to the new Wellness Center.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park