$3 million approved for CIS upgrades
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/13/2014 - 1:50pm
The Cuero ISD board of trustees met for a special meeting May 6 at the Cuero ISD board room.
Cuero ISD facilities director Dwayne Noack and Francis Zordilla, project manager of Claycomb Associates, Architects, spoke to the board about changes in the budget for Cuero Intermediate School renovations. Initially, the board was given an estimate of $1,894,000 that would be needed to complete several renovations at the school. Renovations include HVAC upgrades, restroom renovations and new flooring. The biggest contributor to the budget change were HVAC upgrades. Estimates for the upgrades increased from $400,000 to $1.5 million. The board was told $2,995,686 would be needed for all proposed renovations. The board motioned to approve $3 million as the maximum price for CIS renovations.
A representative from GameTime attended the meeting to show the board a proposed playscape for the CIS campus.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park