Alamo wing command chief retires after 32 years of service
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/27/2014 - 11:41am
The 433rd Airlift Wing Command Chief Master Sgt. Emil Garza, of Cuero, celebrated more than 30 years of service during his retirement ceremony April 5 at Joint Base San Antonio–Lackland.
Brig. Gen. Kenneth Lewis, Deputy Director for Partnership Strategy on the Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., presided over the ceremony.
“Chief Garza worked hard day in and day out for the Airmen of the 433rd,” Lewis said. “His positive impact on thousands of Airman as a mentor and role model will never be forgotten.”
Garza began his military career as a Security Forces Airman (active-duty) June 13, 1978. He later served in various technical and supervisory roles within the security forces career field. He has been mobilized three times during his career to include a tour of duty to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2002.
Read more in this week’s edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
By Capt. Philip Cortez
433rd Airlift Wing
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park