Martin presents Bell Award to Hataway
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/24/2014 - 4:40pm
The Cuero High School bell ceremony was held May 22. The ceremony allows the top ten graduates to recognize an educator of their choice. Following is Darren Martin’s dedication speech.
During my years as a student in Cuero, there have been many people who have influenced my life. The man I have chosen to give my bell to changed my entire perspective on the way I see just about everything. While I have only known him for two years, this man has had a great impact on my life. Between the highly personal conversations and brutally honest criticisms, I learned many lessons from this great man.
He would see when I was slacking and would not hesitate to let me know he thought I could do better. Every time I came into contact with this man, he would inspire me to be great. Whether it was by simply making a suggestion for me to step up and lead the team or just stopping to talk me through a tough situation. The expectations set for me were incredible but I could see that he knew I could reach and exceed them.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park