Two vehicle wreck sends one to S.A. hospital
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/24/2014 - 9:16am
Traffic was snarled south of Yorktown Sunday afternoon as first responders assisted with a two vehicle wreck.
The head-on collision occurred near the intersection of Hwy. 119 South and Royal Oaks 2 Road.
Albert Rankin, 85, of Woodsboro was driving a 2008 Buick and had to be life-flighted by PHI medical helicopter to University Hospital in San Antonio as a result of his injuries.
David Zenlinger, 51, of Yorktown was driving a 1992 Oldsmobile and was also injured.
The wreck occurred around 3 p.m. and traffic was closed for almost two hours as Yorktown Volunteer Fire Department, Yorktown EMS, DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office, and DPS worked to clear the roadway.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park