Driver attempts to evade police, lands in ditch
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/15/2014 - 1:38pm
The driver who attempted to evade police landed in the drainage ditch near Douglas Street. Paul Minix, 41, of Yoakum, was placed under arrest for evading arrest or detention in motor vehicle.
According to Cuero police chief Jay Lewis, at approximately 1 a.m. on July 10, officer Jason Kuecker observed a four door sedan turn onto the 200 block of Broadway from North Gonzales Street. As Kuecker attempted to check the registration, the driver of the vehicle turned onto the 400 block North Clinton Street and started to accelerate.
The driver ran the stop signs at East Courthouse Street, East Church Street and East Main Street. The driver, unable to control his speed, drove through the yard of the Cuero Fire Department.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park