DeWitt County values top $7 billion
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/05/2014 - 11:32am
Governmental number crunchers throughout DeWitt County received appraised value totals recently from DeWitt County Appraisal District.
Those values are used to determine tax revenue the taxing entities will have for their new budgets.
Eagle Ford Shale continues to have its impact on almost every taxing entity.
As has been the case for the past several years, DeWitt County has the largest taxable values. For 2014 the county’s net taxable values are $7,185,949,290. That is an increase of $1.6 billion over the previous year.
It was only six years ago the county had total taxable values under $1 billion.
The following taxing entities have taxable values over $1 billion:
Read more in this editions of Yorktown News-View and The Cuero Record. Call 31-275-3464 to subscribe to the News-View or The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park